Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Conference Food

Well, the blogging will be light, if at all, the rest of the week. I am off to the annual conference that I go to for work. This is my sixth year of attending this conference. Every year I see the sign telling us what city it will be held the following year and every year I say to myself, “I won’t be going since I’ll have that new job I keep thinking I’m going to get.” Yeah, whatever.

So as I think about which suits to pack, the question inevitably comes up: which suit just fits and should be worn early on and which suit has some extra room in the waist line for later on in the week? See, at these conferences it’s all about going out to REALLY nice dinners, on an expense account, and drinking REALLY heavily, on an expense account. I already chose the restaurants I’ll be taking my “clients” to for dinner and now I’m working on the lunch locations. All of this also reminds me of the first one of these meetings I went to. Ahh, to live and learn….
I had set up breakfast meetings, lunch meetings and dinner meetings on each of the four days. (As some of you may know, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to eat. In fact, one might say I have a hard time stopping eating. I literally eat, not until I’m full, but until I feel sick or the food is gone.) SO at the breakfast meetings I’m ordering huge meals; omelets, bacon, sausage, toast, pancakes, French toast, you name it, I ordered it. I was doing the same thing at lunches. No simple salad and breadsticks for me; salmon, steak, whatever the special was. Then there were the dinners; appetizers, salads, huge, rich meals and dessert. Needless to say that by the end of the meeting the suits were a wee bit on the tight side. BUT, I ate it all and every morning squeezed right back into those control top pantyhose and heels like a real trooper.

By the last night, back in my room, after the last amazing meal, my stomach had had enough. Suffice it to say, it all came back up. The omelet on day one, the cannoli on day two, the 8 oz. filet on day three, ALL of it.

Me, being the idiot that I was, thought, “Hmmm, I wonder what I ate that made me so sick.” I DON’T KNOW JACKASS, MAYBE IT WAS EVERYTHING?!

Uh, yup, it was everything. Felt right as rain and ten pounds lighter the next morning. Since then I have learned that I will in fact get another meal and that I don’t have to pig out at every meeting, to always wear pant suits so you don’t have to deal with control top and finally, to make sure that the larger suits get worn later in the week and the ones that fit perfectly get worn earlier on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home