Sunday, October 16, 2005

Chicago Town

Damn it. I just typed a huge entry and I when I hit “publish” POOF it, and the internet connection was gone. Well, that’s what I get for stealing my neighbor’s wireless.

Chicago was great. I didn’t eat my body weight in food and the one size too big suit fit perfectly on the last day of the conference… ahhhh, to live and learn.

I did manage to squeeze in two non-work related things for which I was grateful. One, I went to the Art Institute which is, quite simply, amazing. I only had a half hour so I raced around and soaked up as much culture as one possibly can while shoving wannabe art students who all show their individuality by not brushing their hair, wearing pants that are either 10 sizes too big or 10 sizes too small and piercings in places where god didn’t intend one to have extra holes, out of the way so I could get to the other paintings.

The other thing I did was a little Magnificent Mile shopping including a quick stop in Sephora. I love Sephora. I don’t know why. I don’t wear much make-up and the make-up I do wear is the same stuff I’ve been wearing for over 10 years but there is something about that store that just makes every last drop of estrogen flowing through my body bubble to the surface. I was very good. I only bought one lip gloss. Granted, it was $15 but it was only one thing. I also got some of the best comedic material in awhile.....

While I was applying the zillionth color of lip gloss to my hand to check colors a 20-something hip chick was trying on perfume with her equally hip boyfriend:

Chick: Do you like this one?
Guy: Ugh, you smell like my Mother!
Chick: So do you like it?

What I wanted to tell her: Uh, Sweetie, I’d try another one if I were you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home