Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The day after

As many of you know, I am not a big fan of children. However, I’m OK with once a year giving polite, respectful children in costumes candy when they knock on the door and say, “Trick or Treat.” What I have big issues with are kids who don’t dress up. This year I was vocal. One neighborhood twit came around in a sweatshirt and jeans and when I asked what he was he said, “A robber.” I told him that was a pathetic costume and he shouldn’t get any candy for it. He looked shocked. There’s your trick from me you little hellion.

What happened to the spirit of Halloween? The whole POINT is dressing up. The “winner” was a kid who dressed up as a Master Lock. Silver painted cardboard flanking his front and back, a silver tube going over his head from shoulder to shoulder and a black, numbered dial on his chest. GENIUS!!! Three girls did dress up as Snap, Crackle and Pop of Rice Krispies fame. That was a good homemade costume too. But I can’t count how many Batmans, Barbies and Spidermans I saw. Are kids not creative anymore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home