Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Old

So last Thursday night there were some downed wires on the train tracks and all the trains were delayed. As we all stood in lines, feeling like a bunch of herded cattle ready for slaughter, the woman in front of me started up a conversation. A few minutes later the “kid” behind me joined in. We discussed what we did for a living, where we lived (in general terms, they could have been serial killers you know) and whether or not we should try to share a cab instead of waiting. Anyway, during that two and half hours talking with those 2 people I realized I was officially old.

The “kid” was adorable. 24, smart, funny, polite, cute and oh so cool. A boy any Mother would be thrilled to have her daughter bring home. Had I been 10 years younger I would have been ALL over him. Right there I looked at him and thought, “I am old because I am not attracted to him like that. I have a mortgage for Christ’s sake!” Sigh, oh well....

That reminds me, I need to go make an appointment to get my roots colored. I can’t have all this gray showing around the holidays when the flash bulbs start going off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home