Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sometimes it’s nice to be the low man on the totem pole

All hell broke loose over a project I work on. Nothing I did (thank God) but in general. I’ve done everything I’m capable of doing, and have been complimented for doing it, but not being the boss means I don’t have to deal with the rest of the shit my poor boss is dealing with now.

Yesterday he told me someone in our “group” is leaving and did I have any ideas for replacements or how we’d juggle the work load when they left. I said, “Hey, I’ll take the promotion.”

Then all hell broke loose on the project.

I just called him up and said, “Hey, so you just got that latest e-mail with the latest shit that’s going down, right?” Yes, he replies. “And remember how we were talking yesterday and I said that I’d like to throw my name in as a replacement for ____?” Yes, he says “Well, after getting that e-mail there is no way in hell I would ever want to deal with that so let’s just pretend I didn’t say it, OK?” Laughter ensues on the other end.. “Hello? No, I’m really serious; no way in hell would I want to deal with this kind of crap all day.”
More laughing and then, “Yeah, OK, we’ll talk later…” as he’s hanging up I scream, “…no really! I don’t wanna! You can’t make me…. (click).”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, here's a first....
Gee, I hope you DON'T get the job!

Sometimes it is nice to not have responsibility and you can simply shrug your shoulders and look baffled.

October 04, 2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger E said...

And I am an EXPERT at looking baffled!!!

October 05, 2006 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't want it either, but then again, maybe you'd change the team dynamic and it would be GREAT?

October 05, 2006 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home