Thursday, April 13, 2006

Choices = Confusion

In many ways it is GREAT to have so many choices in life. Chocolate or vanilla? Oatmeal chocolate chip or plain chocolate chip? One olive or two? White or red? Chicken or beef? Choices can be great. We need choices. We’re lucky that we have choices. However, since we have so many choices nowadays sometimes all it does is add confusion and uncertainty.

I am confused.

I have been for a few weeks now. I didn’t think I was confused. A few months ago I thought that at that moment in time I had but one choice and I took it. Then about a month ago a second choice came knocking (which was actually a first choice many months ago but then turned out not to be an actual choice at all so now it is Choice B) and so I’m confused.

Technically I don’t have two choices. I made my decision and I like the decision I made. But as we all know, they are called “choices” for a reason. Choice A is great. Choice B would be great too but I’ve already chosen Choice A and I don’t know whether Choice B would actually be a good choice now or because before Choice A was an option Choice B was the only choice and that was my first choice. You know, before it became a non-choice. Are you confused? Yeah well think about how I feel!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Now I'm all dizzy.

April 13, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger t_cole said...

men, right?

April 24, 2006 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home