Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I am SO disappointed in myself

I like to consider myself a City girl, a street-wise girl, a girl who instinctively would fight back if, say, the Boogeyman should choose to jump out and get her.

Apparently not.

Yesterday while walking to the train on a major street, surrounded by people, my phone rings. It’s Train Guy seeing if I’m taking the 5:06 home. Yes, I say, and then we proceeded to talk for a few minutes. As we’re talking about the fact that moments earlier I had run into Kid Rock’s twin “brother” on the street (I swear it was his twin, minus the money, fame, singing and Pamela Anderson) someone grabs me from behind and holds on.

Did I pull away? No. Did I yell for help? No. Did I reach around and stab my fingers in his/her eyes? No. Did I try to turn around to kick the person squarely in the crotch? No. Fight back in any way, shape or form? No.

What did I do? I squeal like a little girl who saw a spider crawling up her leg and hunch over. And what’s even more embarrassing/humiliating/pathetic/ridiculous is that as I’m squealing – NOT screaming, People, SQUEALING, I realize it’s Train Guy, he’s laughing, people are staring and I am mortified.

Kind of scary to think that had it been the Boogeyman I would probably be dead. So much for being a tough girl.

3 Comments:

Blogger brad said...

Not very funny of Train Guy to do that. Does it make you want to practice your future reaction in such situations? Self defense training of some kind. Apparently you know WHAT to do, just not ... ready(?).

May 17, 2006 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Train guy - bad idea.

May 17, 2006 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully Train Guy's shins and other "parts" are back to being fully funtional, cause once I knew it was him, I would have POUNDED on him! So not cool!

I remember when my son was about 12 or 13-ish.... he hid in the dining room and jumped out as I walked back from the kitchen, I flipped him over my shoulder!! I guess I WAS paying attention while he was taking all those damn karate lessons! Apparently, he wasn't.

May 18, 2006 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home