Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Vacation all I ever wanted

I hate coming back from vacations.

Not just for the usual reasons; reality, responsibility, having to cook my own food, waking up to the alarm. But because I get BIG time anxiety the night before I go back to work. I wake up in the middle of the night worrying about the amount of work that will be waiting for me. Especially the e-mails that I know will take hours to go thru and respond to.

Now why, you may ask, since I got home on Monday didn’t I at least open my e-mails then or at the very least on Tuesday? Because I AM ON VACATION DAMN IT. I know it doesn’t make sense but you see the minute I start looking at my e-mail I’ll start replying and when I start replying then I’ll start thinking and when I start thinking…. well, all hell breaks loose so it’s better that I don’t open the e-mails until the day I go back to work.

I may lose a couple hours of sleep the night before but at least I actually get to enjoy my vacation. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m only on e-mail #247. Only 95 more to go...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do the same thing...lately I do it every Sunday night too, just only lasts a shorter amount of time. Feeling your pain on the email situation. When I got back from my ever so brief 2 week maternity leave in December I have over 500 emails!!! That was with my "out of office" reply on, they just kept on sending me stuff!

UGGH...good week to you! Hope vacation was great

June 19, 2006 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home