Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Apologies and shootouts

Sorry for not blogging. Work is still crappy, my interim laptop (the one that’s not drowned) is as slow as molasses which is compounding my freaking out and the belief that I will never get all the stuff on my To Do list done and that subsequently the earth will fly off its axis. Oh yeah, and if you know what I did for a living you’d be laughing your ass off at that one.

But, overheard on the news this morning was a woman who had witnessed a bank robbery shootout with police yesterday in a Philly neighborhood: “It was the worst gun battle I’ve ever seen!” Really? In your lifetime or just recently? And how many would that actually be that you’ve seen? You looked pretty nicely dressed and you didn’t look the type to hang out in one of the drug-infested, crime-ridden neighborhoods Philly does have and where, according to the news, those things do, sadly, happen with some frequency. Were you in the military and did you see action? You don’t look the type as you looked pretty shaken up by the whole thing when you were interviewed. But who am I to judge.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E,
Boy, there were some angels with THAT officer huh?? A few teeth & a graze wound to the lip.
The lady I saw being interviewed said something about it [sounding like you see on tv. You never realize how bad of a shot these guys are]
Well, Joe is a cop and he actually told a bad guy once, "If you run, I'm not going to chase you. I'm 42 years old, and overweight. But I'm an expert marksman. So. Jail or the E.R.?? You pick."

October 18, 2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger E said...

It did look pretty scary on the news and that cop was VERY lucky!! glad I wasn't there!!!!
Dear God how do you let Joe go to work?!!? Of course I bet you sleep better knowing he's an "expert marksman"!!! That's great!!

October 18, 2006 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home