Friday, November 18, 2005

Another one of those days

I had to wear actual business attire today because I have a business lunch. I put on a new pair of SLIMMING pants (whoo hoo!) and a sweater that looks darned good with it and then a pair of kitten heels that don't make my feet kill after 30 seconds. Since I HAD to look somewhat professional today I just KNEW something would go wrong.

I was about to leave the house when I noticed that I had a coffee stain on the cuff of my cream colored sweater... sigh. Then it occurred to me that my great pants aren't lined and it is FREEZING out today. That's OK, I thought, I can take the bus from 30th Street Station up to work so I won't freeze and I won't get blisters. HAH! Famous last words.

The train was delayed and I missed the bus by about 1 minute. Off I trudge up Market Street freezing, wishing I had at least worn stockings or some other layer under the pants because it might actually be warmer if I were in shorts. The shoes started pinching and the wind was howling whipping my hair into a lovely rat's nest of expensively highlighted knots. My nose was running and my eyes were watering leaving a lovely black trail of eyeliner from the corners of my eyes.

But, all was not lost, I cuffed the sleeves of the sweater; no more coffee stains! Found a comb in my purse and then carefully wiped away the black lines and have been sitting in my chair rolling over some bubble wrap that fell out of my trash can - pop, pop, pop. Ahhhh, yes, all is not lost. Now if there isn't a cab outside when I need to go to my lunch meeting I will cry.

Have a great weekend, all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a cartoon clipping on my PC at work... It's The Born Loser.. you know it??
Brutus is sitting at his desk with a gi-hugic pile of papers in his "in" box, nothing in the "out" box... looking completey wiped out, the cation reads:
"It's been Monday all week"

Won't Liberty cab or City cabs take a reservation???

November 18, 2005 11:00 AM  
Blogger E said...

I just called to reserve a cab! Thanks.

Ha ha ha! My favorite cartoon in my ofice is from the New Yorker. It's a guy on the phone saying, "No Thursday's out. How about never? Will never work for you?"

November 18, 2005 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home