Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Apparently these things really DO only happen to me

How many times have you walked near an oak tree and heard or seen acorns falling? Lots, right? Have you ever been nailed on the head by one? I’ve asked a couple people and they’ve said they’ve never been hit. Seems strange since the odds are that you would get hit at least once in your lifetime. I mean, there are a lot of oak trees out there and people walk under them all the time. In my 31 and a half years I have never been hit. This morning? Yeah, twice. Right on the noggin. Pointy side down. My head STILL hurts. Damn squirrels. What did I do to them besides sic the dogs on them when they get on the feeder? Yeesh, they’re so sensitive.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw Man!!! Scoop them up & send them to me. Not one person on my block has oak trees. My 2 1/2 y.o. and I were doing an "art project" and we coulnd't find 1 stinkin acorn.

November 15, 2005 3:59 PM  
Blogger E said...

I would happily send you all the trees if I could just figure out a way to dig them up and FedEx them to you!

But I warn you, they're dangerous. My neigborhood should have "Hard Hat Zone" signs posted.

November 15, 2005 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home