Friday, June 15, 2007

News item

I don't usually post on current events but I am FURIOUS. I'm sure you've all heard about the young man in Georgia who is imprisoned for having consenual oral sex when he was 17 with a 15 year old. It's not my business what they were doing but one thing I can't stop thinking about is do you think the stupid state of Georgia is now going to look up the records of EVERY, SINGLE woman who had a baby under the age of 18, see who the father is, his age, and then go lock him up? Because that's what they will have to do now right? If they're going to go by the law and everything. I hope they build some new jails because they're going to get full awfully fast.

F****** idiots. Way to ruin a young man's life. He was an honor student, athlete and good kid but even if he was a scum-sucking bastard, and it was consensual he still shouldn't be treated this way.

2 Comments:

Blogger t_cole said...

read the same thing.
felt/feel the same way
it's inane!

June 15, 2007 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I agree, punishment on this thing is crazy...it was like 4 or 5 boys and 2 young girls in a hotel room and they filmed it...stupid shit...they need some counseling maybe, some intervention about adult behaviors, a confidnante to talk to maybe but I agree Jail isn't the answer, what a horrible precedent to set!

June 15, 2007 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home