Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It ain't pretty anymore...

Now that I work from home and now that it’s summer I don’t “get ready in the morning.” My getting ready involves throwing on the exact same outfit (and I use that term loosely as an old pair of shorts and stained Old Navy t-shirt doesn’t quite qualify as “outfit” in my book, but I digress) as the night before. I do still shower. Everyday. I promise. But I now never use a hair dryer and if I’m feeling particularly sexy I may put on some mascara and, gasp, BLISTEX! Poor Train Guy.

So on Sunday night my friend M and her husband G had us over for dinner. I decided to get gussied up. Clean white t-shirt, pink capri pants, and make-up including mascara, eye-liner and a little powder. Then, to make a big splash, I dried my hair. I don’t think my hair dryer has been turned on in about 6 months. SO I blew it straight and we walked out the door.

M , upon our arrival exclaimed, “Wow, you look so pretty. You never look like that anymore!” Wow. Am I that bad?!? And then Train Guy exclaimed, “If I had said that to you you would have yelled at me and then hit me for good measure.” And he’s right.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go put on some eyeliner.

2 Comments:

Blogger t_cole said...

OMG. I could cut and paste this word for word - changing names - to my blog.
Same exact scenario. EXACT.
=)

July 05, 2007 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, too funny! I'm one to hit for good measure as well.

July 06, 2007 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home