Friday, December 02, 2005

Let it snow


I’ve been thinking a lot about snow lately. Maybe it’s because it was about 65 degrees earlier in the week and I’m seriously wondering if winter will EVER come or maybe it was finding this picture in my files. Whatever it was, I am now thinking about snow and am looking forward to busting out the LL Bean snow boots and the hats and scarves.

When I graduated from college I moved to Boston. I loved getting snow from December thru April and even here in Philly we have gotten some pretty good snow falls. But this year the Weather Guy on Channel 10 has predicted we won’t get too much this winter. I am now depressed. I want SNOW.

I love shoveling the driveway, side- and front walks and chatting with the neighbors over our shovels and then coming in to warm up with a nice, hot pot or two (yes, pot, you think this energy level just grows on trees?) of coffee. I love playing with the mutts and watching them catch snowballs and race thru snow that is actually higher than George the Jack Russell. I love feeling like I’m trapped in my house, at least for a few hours, where it’s cozy and warm until the plows come thru. I do realize that I am lucky in that if the weather is bad or threatens to be bad, I can work from home. But I always hope that the office will close or that I can pretend that I accidentally left my laptop at work. Oops!

So, Internet Folks, please start practicing your snow dances and praying to the Snow Gods that the Weather Guy is wrong, wrong, wrong and we really will get mountains of the white stuff this winter. Thank you. And don’t sit there at your desk thinking, “Snow dance? What the hell is she taking about?” You know the one, the one you used to do way back when you were in school and had a test the next day or just wanted a day off from school? Yeah, THAT one, so start practicing it in front of the mirror to get the moves down right.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pic E,
Is that from 2002?

We had a pretty good storm that year, I remember because I was painting the living room while listening to Cecily Tynan tell me about the snow.

I'll do a "Happy-Snow-Dance" for ya! I love the fluffy white stuff. I even like to drive in it. I've been known to go to the Kmart parking lot & practice my "do-nuts"

December 02, 2005 1:51 PM  
Blogger E said...

It was actually from last year. I think in January, but I don't remember.

December 03, 2005 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you yesterday. BOY, what a ginormous snowstorm THAT was huh?? I wasted a Happy-Snow dance for that??

Now, the Elliot Abrahm on KYW is saying that the approaching storm isn't developing the way they thought it would, so we might not have snow for tonight's Eagles game.

GGRRRR

December 05, 2005 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home