Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Um, do I know you?

As I was downstairs getting coffee from the kick-ass coffee machine on the first floor there was a gaggle of ladies standing around a woman staring at her ring finger. She had obviously just gotten engaged and her friends had surrounded her to see exactly how much her new fiancé loved her.

As I was waiting for my cup of coffee a woman said, “Did you see her ring?” All eyes were now on me so I said, “Well, no, I didn’t.” I walked over, oohed and ahhed over the ring on her finger and said, “It’s beautiful, congratulations!” Then her friend said, “Well, he has great taste, I mean he has to right? He picked her!”

I had to say, “Well, of course! You bet!” What I wanted to say was, “Um, who the hell are you? I have never seen any of you before in my life.”

2 Comments:

Blogger t_cole said...

we call that the sparkly stone effect. there is no known cure. men know this too.

January 18, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

January 18, 2006 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home