Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Where is my walker?

Earlier this morning I sent an e-mail to a client telling him I would send along an item he had requested. I just got his reply back: “thx”

That’s it. What the fuck? Or to him, “WTF”? He holds TWO PhD’s and he replies to me with “thx”? Are you that lazy? Or am I just not worth the effort to type an additional 3 letters?

I’m sorry, (actually, no I’m not) but I can not stand all these little abbreviations and acronyms people use. Maybe it’s because I don’t text message and I don’t Instant Message people frequently but I think that in a business situation you can, and should, make that extra effort to type out, “Thanks.” I don’t even need a “thank you” or a “thank you very much” but I do think I at least deserve a “thanks.”

Afterthought:
I think I’m going to have to start categories. I already have enough rants for a “Bathroom Etiquette” category. I think I would call this one either, “Holy Shit I’m Turning into My Mother” or a simpler, “I’m Getting Old.” I guess this one would have to go into the new category too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laugh out loud! ;p

You nailed this one. I don't have all the "street-lingo" down yet, so I usually have to sit here & try to figure out what some people are trying to tell me.

January 17, 2006 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the same as Catizhere!

I usually stare at the screen, wondering what the hell they mean. I hate the weird shortening of words and it's so wrong to do in business correspondence.

ooh, I think one of the worst is "prolly." It took me longer than it should to figure out what that meant. Really, prolly? But, thx is almost worst.

January 17, 2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger E said...

It took me a good 15 minutes to figure out that "lmao" stood for "laughing my ass off." At least I think that's what it stands for. Is there a translation guide out there for us??

January 17, 2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I'm guilty!

I use "thnx" alllll the time in inter-departmental mail.... :)

January 18, 2006 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home