Tuesday, March 21, 2006

How to know when you have an excellent Veterinary Orthopedic Surgeon

Yesterday at George’s surgery consultation:

“So Goerge will be absolutely fine. It’s a common procedure and he’ll be 100% in 6 months. Now, how are YOU going to be?”
“Um, I’ll probably burst into tears when I get in the car but I’ll be OK.”
“Good. Now do you drink red or white wine?”
“Uh, red.”
“OK, have one glass tonight when you get home and then have two glasses tomorrow night when I call you to tell you he’s out of surgery and everything is fine but that he’ll have to stay the night. I can also write you a prescription for something if you’d like.”

I wasn’t sure whether he was kidding or not but I definitely drank the wine last night and will have the two glasses tonight.

They just called and said the surgery went perfectly and he’s going to be OK. Well, after I sign over the deed to my house and promise to wash and wax his car every week for a year.

2 Comments:

Blogger t_cole said...

i like him
does he have an office in dallas?

March 22, 2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger E said...

I don't think so but feel free to come up here! George is doing as well as to be expected and the wine is helping me cope!

March 23, 2006 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home