Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Paint, plaster, carpet and LOTS of Advil

I’ve been working on a lot of home improvement projects lately. Granted they were New Year’s Resolutions but the real reason for the painting and the carpet being pulled up is that I am hosting our next Neighborhood Gathering.

I did plan on doing all these things but there is nothing that gets my ass in gear faster than the fear that company is coming. Do I REALLY want my neighbors to know that I live like this? That I actually find it “normal” to have boxes stacked half way to the ceiling in my spare bedroom? That my “study” is just a dumping ground for all things that can’t be shoved into the back of the closet? No. So off I go painting walls, ripping up carpet, hanging curtains and generally finding ways to have my paycheck directly deposited into Home Depot’s account.

I still have a few more things to do but it really does feel good to have these couple of things done. The paint is almost all out of my hair now too which is good because I’m meeting Train Guy’s Mother tonight*.

*From now on “Cute Septa Kid” will be referred to as “Train Guy.” There are a couple of reasons for this: One, we’ve been dating for awhile now and so calling him a “kid” makes me feel like a pedophile and two, I have repeatedly been asked what “Septa” is; the SouthEastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority. He apparently referred to me as “Train Girl” to his friends so he will now be “Train Guy.” I’m sure he’ll be disappointed by the lack of the word “Cute” in his name but he’ll get over it. Thank you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Cool Neighbor Chick. You met Train Guy's mother? How did that go?

March 08, 2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger E said...

CNC - It went really well!

March 09, 2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger t_cole said...

details E
you've been holding out on us
dating and meeting mom.

March 09, 2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger E said...

Ahhh... there are just some things I won't share with The Internet, sorry - send me your e-mail address and that's a different story! Suffice it to say, it's been a few weeks and we're having fun. Should it develop into something more I'll let you know. :)

March 10, 2006 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home