Thursday, March 02, 2006

The IceMan Cometh

I have never been so grateful to hear the two words “Ice Storm” before. Topping them off with “horrible driving conditions,” “downed wires” and “don’t leave the house” is just icing on the cake.

I was supposed to be at a meeting in Connecticut today. Not a big deal except my boss thought we should do the trip in one day. Still not a huge deal from Philly but he set the meeting up for 10 AM and we were going to drive NOT take the train. Excuse me?! I was going to have to be at his house at 5:30 AM thereby leaving my house at about 4:30AM. Then I was to have the pleasure of sitting in a car (and rush hour traffic) with him for over FOUR HOURS EACH WAY. Oh yeah, and then he wanted to drive home after a lunch meeting and after we stopped in on some other clients so we weren’t expecting to be home until after 8 at night. That’s a long day. And a long time making small talk in a mid-sized rental.

Then came the Winter Storm Warnings. Whoo hoo! Six to ten inches of snow in Connecticut and ice here in Philly. Needless to say I am now sitting at home working on my second pot of coffee and back blogging. Not a bad Thursday after all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeesh! What a storm!!!
HaHaHaHaHaHa.....

We hardly had RAIN!! And the people in front of me while I was trying to get to my 8:00 appt. driving 12 miles per hour on Baltimore Pike....

March 02, 2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger E said...

We are actually coated in ice now. I'm waiting for the internet to go down so I can take a nap!

March 02, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger t_cole said...

it was 90 degrees here two days ago. 80's yesterday.
send some coolness down my way.

March 03, 2006 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home