Tuesday, February 21, 2006

ISO: Ob/Gyn for long-term relationship and free packs of Yasmin

Why is it that once you find a great new Ob/Gyn that they either move or stop practicing medicine? UGH!!!!! (Can you read the frustration?!?) And while I’m at it, why is it so damned hard to actually FIND a decent one?!

It took me a year and a half of living in Cincinnati to find a great Gynecologist. I went to her twice, loved her and then she stopped practicing due to high malpractice insurance. I was bummed but not over the top furious because I knew I was moving back to Philly.

Fast forward to five minutes ago. I called my new, great Doctor that I finally found when I moved back here to make my annual appointment and *poof* she’s gone. BITCH. Apparently she moved back to Baltimore. What about ME!? The office has other Doctors that I can see and I made an appointment with one but that’s not the point.

I think it should be a law that if you spend over 6 weeks actually trying to locate a decent Doctor that you can trust and feel comfortable with that they then should be forbidden to move for at least 5 years. Is that too much to ask, really?

1 Comments:

Blogger t_cole said...

i SO agree with you.
when i moved to dallas, i found ob/gyn through a referral from a trusted friend. he was grey headed. i was concerned about retirement. and sure as sh*t, he retired just as i go prego with my first. so i started seeing his partner. lucky for all involved, i liked him too. i made him swear he would not retire until he had delivered my last baby and tied my tubes. he swore. and although he didn't deliver the last one - i was in Mississippi for the baby boy's arrival - he did retire about a year after his birth.
it's that time - gotta find a new one. i got a referral from my pediatrician. i LOVE her. figure if she has a good gyno, i'll like her too. i'll have to get back with you on that...

February 22, 2006 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home