Friday, February 17, 2006

One person's idea of funny is another person's idea of huh?

There is a woman here at work who I see only in the bathroom or the kitchen area and she finds this utterly hysterical. What I don’t get is WHY?

I drink a lot of water everyday and subsequently I spend a lot of my time peeing. I don’t drink a lot because I’m really thirsty or because of the health benefits, I drink it for something to do. See, I need an excuse to get up during the day or I would never leave my chair and the allure of my computer monitor. Now since I’m in the bathroom at least 6 times a day there is a pretty good likelihood that I’ll see the same person in there more than once. And, in fact, I do see some people in there multiple times a day. But there is only one woman who thinks it’s our comedic destiny to have our bladders need emptying at the same time.

If I pass her on my way there she’ll say, “I was going to go in there in a minute! HAH HAH HAH!” Or if I see her in the kitchen area she’ll say, “I always run into you in here!” Well, that’s not quite true. I only ran into her in the bathroom twice this week (yes, I now count) and in the kitchen our paths only crossed once. After our last kitchen crossing and quick conversation, a friend of hers whispered, “Who is that?” to which she replied as I was leaving, “She and I always go to the bathroom at the same time or go into the kitchen at the same time, it’s so funny! And these are the only places I ever see her!”

What I don’t think she understands is that if I’m not in my office these are the ONLY other places I go in this building. But I still just don’t get why she thinks this is funny. Am I missing something?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess she never goes to the mail room or the copy room huh??

February 17, 2006 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home