Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Come on, get happy with me

And here I thought it would be a boring Wednesday. But no. For one, I was just told that I now get FOUR weeks of vacation time a year. (Now if they would just give me a raise so I can actually DO something in that fourth week things would be really great.)

Two, I am on cloud nine. This morning Cute Septa Kid said that when he first met me, and before I told him I graduated from college in '96, he thought I was around 22 or 24. BWAH HAH HAH HAH!!!!!! I could have kissed him right there on the spot. With open mouth and some tongue for good measure (hmmm… maybe I CAN think of him “like that”). He’s also 24 and therefore knows what young looks like.

Third, my Mom had a dentist appointment downtown and so she offered to take me to lunch. Free food is good.

And fourth, the pouring rain being driven by 50 mile per hour winds have blown on out and it’s now sunny and pleasant outside.

Ahh yes, now I’ll just sit here and wait for the other shoe to drop… I’m a pessimist, get over it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

::SIGH::
I still have 1 more year here to get the third week of vacation.

I'll just have to keep having summer babies so I can take off July, August & September.
Or become a teacher (GAH!!!)

Isn't it GREAT to look 10 or 15 years younger than you really are?? I still get people telling me they thought I was late 20's early 30's They are my favorite people.

AH, I love a sunny afternoon.
Of course lets hope theee's no overturned tractor trailers on 95

January 18, 2006 4:28 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

Looking younger than you are has to be one of the best things in life....:)

You should have kissed him~made his day! hee hee!

January 18, 2006 7:40 PM  
Blogger t_cole said...

i would have kissed him. there is no faster way to get me to like you than to tell me i look younger than i am.
NONE.
and i know they are lying. I was a sun worshipper most of my life and the damage it did to my skin makes me look exactly my age. but i just love it when people lie to me with a straight (sincere) face and tell me how young i look.
Kiss the boy!

January 18, 2006 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home