Monday, April 24, 2006

I don't care what they teach you in kindergarten

For my birthday I got two cubic yards of top soil, two soaker hoses, a hose reel and a spring form cake pan. All things I wanted, yes. All things I was really happy to get, yes. Fun? No. Gone are the days when we ask for toys.

Until this past weekend.

Train Guy and I went down to the beach for a few days to stay in a friend of mine’s house on the bay. We bought our new birthday presents. Two remote controlled speedboats. I couldn’t tell you the last time I had that much fun. We raced, I cheated, he nearly wound up in the water but for awhile there I remember how much fun it was to get a real toy on my birthday.

We left them at the house for my friends’ kids to play with. I must admit, I’m a bit sad. I really wanted to bring them home so we could use them in the pond at the park at the end of my street. Getting toys as an adult isn’t nearly as much fun. I don’t like having to be mature and leaving my toys for the younger kids to play with. Those were MY boats. I don’t wanna share…

2 Comments:

Blogger t_cole said...

there is another choice. you could have kids of your own and play with their toys...

the bitch is back. you make me smile. thanks for the musings...

April 24, 2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger E said...

Have you been talking to my Mom?!?!?

April 26, 2006 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home