Friday, June 23, 2006

Estrogen lives here!


Here’s the house with the mutts (you can supersize the picture by clicking on it). Lucy the Lab is eagerly awaiting my return from - GASP - across the street and George the Jack Russell is watching the neighbor’s cat bask in the sun.

The outside of my home and the inside of it are completely different. Not just because one is inside and one is outside (wiseass) but in terms of style. My house is all cutesy on the outside and I am COMPLETELY guilty of exacerbating that fact by planting pink and purple flowers with dripping pink window boxes. Then there is the inside.

It’s painted with muted earth tones and decorated with some Jewel tones and the boldest color I have is the dark green sofa.

My outside screams, “SINGLE GIRL LIVES HERE!!” and reminds me of everything I hate about being female. The inside is subtle and quiet with no real color. Sort of like me (quiet? Me?hahaha) . I only wear white, black, gray, blue jeans or when I feel the need to go crazy, khaki. This isn’t just because I can’t match colors to save my life but because I’m not a loud person and color just isn’t my thing. The outside of the house doesn’t give this impression in the least. I finally planted some yellow in the front just because I didn’t want Train Guy to feel emasculated when pulling in the driveway.

8 Comments:

Blogger brad said...

Nice house. I like the low planter wall for your garden.

June 23, 2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger GT said...

You're house is lovely! But I could see where TG could have an issue, maybe not so much yellow flowers but maybe venus flytraps ;)

BTW I love your blog and sense of humor. Perfect.

June 24, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger E said...

Brad - Thanks, butI can't take credit for the wall it was there when I bought it. Can't take credit for the house either. It was built in the 20s. But I love them both!
gt - thanks! I never thought about Venus flytraps... I'll go to Home Depot right now....

June 24, 2006 11:04 AM  
Blogger brad said...

BUT the flowers within the wall are yours, right?

:-)

(I should have included the flowers before.)

June 26, 2006 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that house, love it. Love it. If you see a girl humping the exterior walls one day, don't pay her any mind.

June 26, 2006 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the house! I'm the same with color inside too, as for fashion I get wild with navy every now and then too!

The pups are so cute, as are the flowers, lots of curb appeal!

-lil'sis

June 26, 2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger E said...

Melissa - feel free to hump away and then come on in for a drink.

Lil'sis -- ooh, NAVY! I never thought about navy! I may add a dash of it somewhere to brighten up the joint!

And thanks, all.

June 26, 2006 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a CUTE house!!

June 27, 2006 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home