Monday, June 19, 2006

Oral hygiene is very important but….

So this afternoon I jumped (well, not literally jumped because that might be dangerous not to mention asinine looking) on the Subway to go meet a friend for lunch. A friend who moved to Atlanta with her family the exact week I was moving back to Philadelphia from Cincinnati – this doesn’t pertain to the story at all but isn’t it nice I keep in touch with old friends?

Sooooo, I get on a car and standing across from me is this really tall kid, probably about 16 or 17 with huge baggy shorts on, a big baggy t-shirt with a bath towel draped around his neck and he’s holding a toothbrush.

Hmmm, really?

It wasn’t in packaging or even in a case and there was no toothpaste on it (I looked). SO this begs the question, “Uh, WHY?”

I do think oral hygiene is important. I do love the dentist, examples here and here, but I certainly don’t go so far as carrying a toothbrush with me everywhere like a woman carries a handbag. But, who am I to judge, good for him for brushing. I just hope he had some floss in his pocket because taking care of your gums is just as important. Maybe I should have said something to him… or handed him the floss that I keep in my purse.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E-You're funny. I carry floss to, and keep a spare brush and paste in my office, NOT in my purse though...but I do have just about everything else I might EVER need in my bag!

June 21, 2006 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home