Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Life altering for some, routine for others

WOW. It’s been a BIG day for my family. My sister called and told me the most wonderful news. Quite honestly, I never thought she’d do it. I’ve been begging her for years. Telling her what a huge difference it will make in her life and up until now she’s never listened. She’s dismissed me and insulted me. Until now.

When she called with sheer joy in her voice I asked her what happened. She said she had BIG news. I asked if she had quit her job. She said BIGGER. I asked her if she was pregnant. Even bigger, she replied. I asked if she got divorced. She was a bit insulted but alas, no. I asked her if she was moving? Not now.

Then she told me…

She finally got her eyebrows waxed.

Now you may make fun of this or see this as a trivial act of beauty maintenance but she had some SERIOUS issues with her eyebrows. Think Brooke Shields back in her early twenties. I’ve routinely asked if I could pluck them for her or take her to get them waxed but she’s adamantly refused. I don’t know why either. She’s an inch and a half taller than me, skinnier, got the better jaw line, works out at a gym 5 days a week and has a gorgeous face but she’s always had those damned dark, bushy eyebrows. Until yesterday.

I’ve never been so proud. She’s thrilled and says her whole face looks different (and I’m sure she’s a pound lighter now too). I told her to take a picture and e-mail it to me. I can’t wait to see it but until then I need to get a tissue. I’m feeling a bit choked up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Pissy said...

Wow!

We must have a picture!

July 28, 2006 11:20 AM  
Blogger E said...

NO picture so far! I'm not talking to her again until she sends it...

July 28, 2006 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home