Friday, July 07, 2006

The thrill of the ride

I promise I’ll write about shrimp and the Tour de France another day but what I need to write about (this one’s for you Cool Neighbor Chick) is the fact that Train Guy made me drive his car last night.

Yep, he MADE me.

Train Guy has an AWESOME sports car and I am scared of it. As I mentioned before, I LOVE cars. He’s offered to let me drive it before but knowing the size of his engine (heh, heh, heh) and then the cost of the damned thing (I couldn’t afford to replace a headlight should I accidentally smash it) makes me scared of it. And, quite honestly, I love being driven in the car. I love sitting in the passenger seat and watching the world fly by. Train Guy is an excellent driver. Even went to race car driving school for SIX months (no kidding) and so he can handle that thing like the fine piece of German engineering that it is but even though he’s offered I’ve turned him down.

Until last night.

He picked me up and as I walked out the door he got out and said, “You’re driving and all the way downtown not just around the block.” I’m sure this is domestic abuse in some way. I got in and OH.MY.GOD. sigh…. It was quite possibly the most thrilling thing I’ve ever done and my stomach muscles were tense the entire time.

Nothing beats getting on the highway from 0 to EIGHTY FIVE (oh yeah, EIGHTY FIVE BABY!!!!!! I even got the rear spoiler to go up!) in under a millisecond. Holy crap.

All went well until on the way back from downtown I put the car in first and then it slipped out of gear. OUCH. Oh the look on Train Guy’s face. I couldn’t stop apologizing and even though he said it was OK I know he was dying inside. Needless to say, even though he said I can drive it anytime I doubt I’ll be getting behind the wheel again. But damn did I get some awesome cat calls in that thing.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go put my house on the market so I can go buy my own. I’m sure the dogs and I will love living in it. So Cool Neighbor Chick, can I move into your garage and use your bathroom in exchange for free rides in it? We can do our Girls Gone Wild schtick in it with our other Awesome Neighbor Chick.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Neighbor Chick here. I'm surprised it took you this long to get behind those wheels. I'm sure you looked HOT! I'm in full support of you putting your house up for sale. You know I've got plenty of room to board you, the dogs, and the new HOT car.

July 08, 2006 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet sounding car, first time I drove my husband's standard car, we were kids, but I did a little grinding of the gears, at a stop light this guy pulls up next to us and yells out to me, "Good job girl, if ya can't find 'em - grind'em"

Glad you had fun! Good luck with selling the house, so kind of your neighbor chick to take you AND the dogs in!

July 10, 2006 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home