Monday, August 28, 2006

Half full weekend

So it was rainy and crappy here all weekend and I was ecstatic. We haven’t had rain in over three weeks and so this saved me hours of not watering, not fertilizing and not mowing the damned lawn.

What I did do was cook and sit on my ass watching movies and finally cleaning up the spare bedroom which has been a repository for all things that don’t fit in the rest of the house. On Saturday morning I called the Kimmel Center and ordered tickets for me and Train Guy to see David Sedaris in October and got awesome seats in the TENTH ROW. And then I cleaned the house. Not so happy doing it but thrilled with the result.

On Sunday afternoon while lying on the couch reading a book and half asleep I got a text message. It was Train Guy; “I love you.” Roll your eyes if you want but it makes my heart skip a beat and makes me grin. Then I think dirty thoughts…

Overall a good weekend. Of course now I’m back at work, I think I put on 5 pounds this weekend eating all my cooking, my dress for the wedding in Nantucket in two weeks is a wee bit tight, I now need to have another outfit for the morning after brunch, and to top it all off, I’m also starting to get a bit freaked out about how I will react being on a new pill with a bit more estrogen.

But I see this all as a lovely little experiment. Either I will get bigger boobs and be happy as a clam or I will turn into a raging lunatic, horrify poor Train Guy in front of his whole family, not fit into my outfits and look like a hooker in too-tight clothing.

But you know what? I’m going to be optimistic and just shoot for the bigger boobs. Best to start small.. I mean big.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Best to start small...I mean big" I'm laughing now, thanks. Sounds like the weekend of my dreams, Oh how I remember the days, you read a book , while the sun was up, or at least during daytime hours, woohoo...and David Sedaris!!!! Now I'm jealous, I can't wait to hear about it! Don't stress about the dresses, though I know you still will, you'll have fun I'm sure, at least now you get to shop for the morning after brunch one too....and of course you'll need some shoes!

August 30, 2006 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home