Thursday, August 17, 2006

Some people really need a hobby

To the mean, nasty woman from OKLAHOMA who sent me an e-mail asking if I ever learned grammar in school:

NO! OK, and on top of that, BITE ME. Who the hell sends someone an e-mail asking that?! Get a life! See, I have a full time job and this whole Blog “thing” that I do is … actually, I don’t really know what it is, but whatever it is it’s smooshed into my 5 free minutes between meetings and eating and surfing the Web and reading other people’s blogs so I really don’t have the time to reread my posts a million times and check them for grammar.

However, if you’d like to do it for me, but in a kinder, gentler way than your mean, nasty e-mail, I’d be happy to pay you a quarter. And by the way, bitch, my name ISN’T Emily. And next time, have the balls and the brains to post it as a comment and not send me an e-mail. Because I can post your e-mail address. And I will.

Have a nice day,
E (which does not stand for Emily even though I think it’s a lovely name and kind of wish it was my name)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the E army. Where do you need me, captain, because that email is ridiculously lame for anyone to send.

And lady, puh-lease. For the love of god, open a book or hey, don't read blogs you don't like. There's only eleventy billion out there.

Because you know what? I do write for a damn living and yes, I do have multiple degrees. And you know what, I do not fuss over my grammar on my blog or my comments. It's my therapy and if I, or E, or anyone wants to write in all fragmented sentences about oranges we can.

Pay your own $7.99 and buy a domain for www.needstogetoutmoregrammarblog.com. Write your own perfect, stunning posts for the world to see how magnificent you are.

Bleh.

August 17, 2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger E said...

She's never visited before so who the hell knows what that was about! I never understood why people leave "negative" comments. They must have bigger rage issues than me! Hmmm... maybe SHE should try a B complex vitamin... or some valium.. whichever.
Thanks for having my back Ladies!!!!!

August 18, 2006 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe there is more to this story than meets the eye - but since when did "did you ever learn grammar in school?" become hate mail? Picky perhaps, and mean spirited, but not hate. Anyway, I have my own pet (grammatical) peeves: my teeth hurt when I hear someone say something like, "so and so did that to I", or "it appeared to her and I...".

August 22, 2006 1:29 PM  
Blogger E said...

I didn't refer to it as "hate" mail (I guess I did in the next post's title where I refer to Dooce) but I guess it's more of "mean mail." I question why someone who has never visited before feels the need to take the time to send me an e-mail telling me I shoudln't blog unless I can write better and did I ever learn grammar in school ,etc.
And I am SO with you on the misuse of "I" and "me" and "you're" and "your." It drives me nuts!

August 22, 2006 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home