Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Round Two

Train Guy and I are headed to the Catskills on Friday to spend the weekend with some friends of his at their summer place. (Yes, I know I’m lucky that we have friends with nice vacation homes in various locales that we can use and not pay one red cent for.) He just forwarded me an e-mail from his friend saying, “And don’t forget to tell E to bring her swimming suit, obviously.”

Oh God, not this again. I’m sorry but it was not a good experience the first time when it was just the possibility of getting into a suit in front of some of my oldest friends and their KIDS but now it’s in front of a bunch of nice, firm 25 year olds… lovely… shoot me now.

I really am generally not an insecure person. I really am happy with most things including my flat ass and smaller boobs but parading around in, essentially, my underwear and bra is not very appealing. Call me crazy but stripping down into a swimming suit with girls, YES THEY ARE GIRLS, that are seven and eight years younger than me when I’ve had seven more years of gravity pulling various body parts South and to build up more cellulite gives me ulcers. But I will do it. Mainly because I don’t want them to know I’m insecure about it. At least let them learn from looking at me; START working out more NOW before it all heads south!! I’ll have to remember to tell them that and use my body to point out specific examples of why. I won’t tell them about the hairs that will grow out of their chins. I’ll let them find that out on their own.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughing now, thanks. We had a pool event a couple of weeks ago, I at 33 was the oldest woman there, lots of fun, also the only one with children too. They all had little bitty bikinis on, but I have to say, I was pleased with how I measured up, the 2 23 year olds were hot, me not so much, but it was fun. Have a great time!

August 02, 2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger ditzymoi said...

omg the chin hairs ! who knew this would happen to us?

August 02, 2006 6:34 PM  
Blogger E said...

Lil sis - Thanks!

Kim - I don't know because Judy Blume NEVER wrote about chin hairs! Why didn't anyone tell us?!?!

August 03, 2006 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home