Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Common thievery

Someone stole two pumpkins off my front stoop last night. I don’t know why either. For one thing, in the past when “friends” stole pumpkins “they” never took them far instead opting to smash them either on the sidewalk or in the middle of the street. No pumpkins were smashed anywhere in my neighborhood because I didn’t see any when I walked the dogs this morning. Then there is the other issue that my pumpkins were rotting. It’s been going from 34 degrees to 70 degrees here lately and the backs of the pumpkins were looking gross. Who the hell goes to all the effort to carry away TWO rotting pumpkins?

I guess I don’t care too much as they saved me the hassle of throwing them out. So to whoever stole my pumpkins, thank you. I appreciate it! Same time next year?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now, If we could only get them to come to my house & steal all the leaves, I'd be thrilled!!

November 01, 2006 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they could do a mid week trash theft at my house, I'm up to my neck in diapers by then:)

November 02, 2006 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, that's so much better than our way. We just let them rot into the front garden, and then spent the next year fearing the rise of a monstrous pumpkin patch the next year. The rotting pumpkin episode never did end up with live pumpkins the next year, making the whole experiment futile.

November 02, 2006 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home