Thursday, December 29, 2005

It's off to work I go

I can’t remember the last time I actually had six whole days off of work with absolutely nothing to do. And just as I was getting used to sleeping in until 7, hiking with the dogs, running errands in the morning, meeting friends for lunch, going to the movies with friends, eating obscene amounts of popcorn with gobs of butter flavoring on said popcorn and then going out to dinner with other friends, the damn alarm woke me up at 5:30 this morning. NPR and reality were telling me to get my ass out of bed and get to the office. Sigh…

It may sound strange but I’m kind of glad to be back. Don’t get me wrong, I like being able to read on the couch in the middle of the day and take hour long naps when the God damn neighborhood kids areN'T playing basketball in the street, but being back at work and feeling productive is kind of nice.

Of course I may have to leave early. I wouldn’t want to overdo it or anything. But not until after I make plans with a friend to go to see The Producers tomorrow afternoon. Our office will close at noon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bstermyster said...

I go back to work next wednesday. It will be a challenge. I have been off since 12-22. Don't work to hard and have a happy NYE!

December 29, 2005 9:54 PM  
Blogger t_cole said...

hey E
if you had my three kids, you'd be thrilled to go back to work - for a whole other set of reasons!
I cannot wait till the little darlings go back to school...

Happy New Year!
tcole

December 30, 2005 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home