Monday, December 26, 2005

Just what I wanted! REALLY!

Another Christmas come and gone. This morning I ridded the house of everything Christmas. Actually, that’s a lie, I still have the poinsettias - I can’t get rid of living things.

Santa was really good to me this year. I got a Cashmere sweater and a Weed Wacker. Guess which I’m most excited about? Hint: it’s not the sweater. When I opened the gift I was a little shocked. “But, Dad…” I said, “I have a weed wacker.” “Uh, NO, I have a weed wacker.” Ohhhhhhh…..I guess he wants his back now. See, this is where we differ. I would have purchased a new one for myself and let the thieving child keep the old one. Parents, they're so generous. Children, we're so selfish.

3 Comments:

Blogger t_cole said...

what a wonderful reminder of the love between a parent and a child. I so often want to strangle my offspring - i forget to express my love and adoration that is all too consuming yet frequently hidden.
i needed that.
thx-
tcole

December 27, 2005 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you really take everything down the day AFTER??

I always wait until Jan 1st.

I guess if I had actually put any of it UP before the week of Christmas......

Funny, last year I gave my mom a new Cuisinart since I "borrowed" hers...

December 28, 2005 4:13 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I would have done the same thing for one of my daughters...I probably have.... :)

December 28, 2005 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home