Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I guess the natural look just isn't enough

So there I am walking thru the make-up section of Lord & Taylor to get to the shoe department when I get ATTACKED by perfume wielding, spritzer Nazis. After repelling them successfully with polite, but firm, “NO, thank yous” I get accosted by a Lancôme cosmetic counter lady who has come out from behind her glass encased shrine to all things make-up and who appears to have drawn her face on with Sharpie markers.

She approaches me swiftly and with determination, “Can I give you a make-over now on your lunch break? I can make you look beautiful in five minutes!” To which I stop, look her squarely in the face and reply with equal determination and a blank face, “Oh really? So are you telling me that I’m ugly now?”

She froze and stammered some, “Uh, no I didn’t mean that….” while I walked away. Score one for me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAAY for you!!
I can't stand those pushy perfume ladies!
I've never been accosted by a makeup lady though....
I guess they figure that even THEY can't help me.

December 14, 2005 2:46 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

For some reason, they don't come near me.... I must look like too much of a bitch...either that, or I have too much makeup on! Ha!

December 17, 2005 11:32 AM  
Blogger t_cole said...

I had to come back here and tell you that I thought of you and this log entry when I was walking through Saks 5th Ave Sunday. Was just hoping someone would approach me so I could use your (well-rehersed) line.
no such luck.
drats!
tcole

December 20, 2005 2:31 PM  
Blogger t_cole said...

and one other thing - to BP - honey, you live in LA, there ain't no such thing as Too Much Makeup...

December 20, 2005 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home