Thursday, January 26, 2006

Annoyed

I’m not REALLY annoyed this morning, just mildly annoyed. This morning we were supposed (“supposed” being the operative word here) to have a 9:00 department meeting; “BIG” meeting, “MANDATORY” meeting. So, to play it safe, to make sure I had plenty of time to get thru e-mail before the meeting and to ensure I called into the meeting number on time I decided to work from home today.

I can pretty much work from home when I want to. I enjoy working from home as it gives me the freedom not to shower, to run to the grocery store at lunch, to spy on the neighbors during daylight hours, go the bathroom with the door open and to eat continuously all day. But today I would rather have gone in. Today I have lots of work to do that involves copious amounts of paper.

So last night, I lugged home about 5 pounds worth of paper and then I had UPS deliver an additional 10 pounds to the house by 9:00 AM. At 7:30 this morning I started working and plugging away and at 8:30 came the e-mail: Department Meeting CANCELLED.

DAMN. There are two main reasons for being pissed off about this. One, now I will have to carry all this paper BACK to the office on the train with me and, two, I will now put in a 10 hour day instead of my usual 8. Oh hell, who am I kidding, me working from home means I miss a whole train ride’s worth of mild flirting with Cute Septa Kid. And really, I need that ego boost in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home