Friday, November 03, 2006

Coincidence? I think so

As I mentioned in Tuesday’s post, Train Guy and I met one year ago today. I’m not one to believe that it was “fate” or that we are destined to be together but I do love the coincidences and the random way in which we met. Yes, I made reservations for us at our favorite restaurant (which he doesn’t know about) but we didn’t take the train in to work today to relive it.

Last night Train Guy sends me an e-mail that says:

"So I'm clearing out my phone's camera gallery because I tried to take a picture today and the memory was full. I'm looking through some of the old pictures and happen to stumble upon this picture that I took of the train strike, dated November 3rd 2005 at 5:38pm. Look who's in the foreground. Weird coincidence. I wonder if this is before or after I talked to you...I think before."


I must admit that I love the fact that we actually have photo documentation of pretty much the minute we met. It makes me smile. I may even love this photo more than when he placed a small box in my lap on the car ride in this morning. It’s the most beautiful pearl necklace from this amazing jeweler in Center City; very different with black, white and pink pearls. He knows me so well. Apparently he bought it a month ago to be my Christmas present but I told him the other week I wanted new dish towels for x-mas so he figured he’d give me the necklace today.

Is it sad that I’m really excited about the new dish towels too?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is that you in the white? The pic is a little dark or did you do that???

Happy anniversary you two!

November 03, 2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger E said...

It's an AWFUL picture because it came from his camera phone but I'm actually the dark blob to the right of the person in white... but not the bald guy!
Honestly, I don't think it's me but TG swears it is so who am I to argue??
Thanks!

November 03, 2006 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this post and the whole story, happy anniversary!

November 03, 2006 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home