Friday, September 01, 2006

NOT an Oprah Book Club book any time soon

I see a lot of different people on the train reading a lot of different things. There are people reading the Philadelphia Inquirer, The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times. Then there are the women reading romance novels, the guys reading romance novels and the students reading textbooks. There are doctors reading research papers and tourists reading maps but last night was the best. There was a man sitting next to me in shorts and a Philadelphia Liberty Bell t-shirt and baseball cap and he had a boy of about 5 with him in the exact same outfit. What’s the guy reading? A book titled, “Think Like a Pancreas.” It wasn’t even a med school book, it looked like it came straight from Barnes and Noble.

I just hope it was better than “Think Like a Small Intestine” because I had a hard time getting thru that one.

4 Comments:

Blogger Big Pissy said...

That's just bizarre!

He wasn't reading it aloud to the 5 year old, was he?

September 03, 2006 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cripes!

September 05, 2006 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hm, should I spoil it? well, I got curious and looked it up on amazon. the subtitle is: "a practical guide to managing diabetes with insulin." so yeah... was he, by any chance, a little chubby?

however, because I looked up that title, amazon also recommended a book called "what does your doctor look like naked?" if you've been to the same kinds of doctors I've been to, the answer is: I'd have to gouge my own eyes out.

by the way, "had a hard time getting through that one..." nicely done.

September 07, 2006 7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

signed,

little pissy
aka Joe

September 07, 2006 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home